Water Industry Consultant
With over three decades of practical experience in the municipal Water Industry, David has worked as both a public official and a consultant focused on assisting municipal officials in managing and optimizing their municipal assets. He served as Director of Consulting Services for Black & Veatch, RJN Group, and Veolia Water North America, and also was the Client Director for some of these companies’ highest profile projects with clients such as the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority, the New York City Department of Environmental Protection, the City of Buffalo Water Authority, DC Water, and the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission. He was primarily responsible for growing the company’s business, overseeing the client’s best interests, developing strategies, and assisting on project execution.
David has worked on asset management/optimization projects with many other communities and utilities:
- Massachusetts: the MWRA and its 43 customer communities that include the Boston Water and Sewer Commission, the City of Worcester, and the Cities of Lowell, Lawrence, Haverhill, Gloucester, Peabody, Salem, Springfield, Pittsfield, Lee, North Adams, Holyoke, Attleboro, Fall River, Taunton, and New Bedford.
- New Hampshire: the Cities of Portsmouth, Keene, Nashua, Manchester, and the towns of Merrimack, Dover, and Concord.
- Rhode Island: the Narragansett Bay Commission and their customer communities, and the Cities of East Providence, Cranston, Warwick, and Woonsocket.
- Connecticut: the Greater New Haven Water Control Authority, the Hartford MDC and their customer communities, the Cities of New London, Bridgeport, Middletown, Norwalk, Trumbull, Stamford, Torrington, New Britain, and Waterbury, and the towns of Greenwich, Danbury, Fairfield, and Norwich.
- Vermont: the City of Burlington and the towns of Brattleboro, Bennington, Rutland, and Norwich.
- New York: NYCDEP, Oneida County, and the City of Buffalo.
- New Jersey: City of Newark, the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission (PVSC), Planfield Area Regional Sewerage Authority (PARSA), and Rahway Valley Sewerage Authority (RVSA).
- Mid-Atlantic states: Baltimore City, DC Water, Cities of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, and Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC).
David serves as Chairman of the Membership Committee for the New England Water Environment Association and has recently been inducted into its 5S Society. He is an active member of the America Public Works Association (New England Chapter), New England Water Works Association, New York Water Environment Association, New Jersey Water Environment Association, Chesapeake Water Environment Association, US Conference of Mayors, and the National League of Cities.
David resides in Rumford, RI with his wife, Patty.